- Academic publication
On the morphodynamic stability of intertidal environments and the role of vegetation
Kakeh N, Coco G and Marani M (2016)
Advances in Water Resources 93(B), 303-314
- A tidal platform point model, coupling abiotic and biotic processes.
- The effects of the biofilm layer and Spartina or mangroves.
- Bio-Geomorphic feedbacks allow the system to reach intertidal stable states.
- Biofilm decreases the wave erosion diminishing the presence of submerged stables states.
- Salt marshes are more resilient to increasing sea level rise rates than mangroves areas.
Ecogeomorphology, Biomorphodynamics, Biofilm, Sediment transport, Intertidal flat, Salt marsh