Tools and resources for marine managers
This is a research round-up of our tools and resources that are relevant to marine managers, kaitiaki and decision-makers. Many were – or are being – developed with stakeholders and Māori partners.
Some are already being used, others may require further development or adaptation by users.
This is a living document, and will be updated as more tools and resources become available. Date of last update: June 2021
The tools and resources are grouped into categories, to/for:
- Address cumulative effects
- Do effective marine monitoring
- Tackle uncertainty and/or data gaps
- Support marine spatial planning
- Ecosystem services
- Support tikanga/mātauranga Māori and other expert knowledge in decision-making
- Support participatory/collaborative decision-making
- Support transition to a blue economy
- Support kaitiaki
- Help explain blue economy
- Industry sectors
- Help explain what EBM is, why it’s needed, and/or where it’s happening
- Discover other Sustainable Seas research and datasets
It also includes links to collaborative research projects with councils who are working with iwi, hapū, industry and/or local communities to ‘do’ EBM.